Sunday, April 27, 2008

EXHIBITION - Therese Fowler-Bailey


Ride Like The Wind - Watercolor by Therese Fowler-Bailey

Therese Fowler-Bailey is the featured watercolor artist at the Zonta Club of Porterville’s 3rd Annual Art Show, March 8, 2008, at the Nuckols Ranch from 6-9pm.

Therese’s art career began around 1993, when while working for an Interior Designer she was asked to stencil a wall. Therese reply was, “Just let me paint it freehand”.

Therese notes, “I knew after some college watercolor courses…I could do better…and I DID! My diversity in my style and my constant challenges to grow, force me to change my subject, my plein air landscape locations and my medium.”

At the time of this posting, the Porterville Recorder has an in-depth article on Therese and her upcoming show. It makes for some interesting reading. You can see it here.

You can also read more about Therese, and see additional work on her website at http://www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_6323_profile.htm